We are seeking a full-time Coordinator of Youth Ministry who will sustain a welcoming community of teens from our parish who are inspired and encouraged to become disciples of Jesus.
- A practicing Catholic who has an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ and is in good standing with the Church
- Organize, plan and promote weekly gatherings and periodic retreats for parish youth
- Cultivate teen leadership within youth ministry program and parish at large
- Assign roles to all volunteers who facilitate youth ministry gatherings and other events
- Facilitate parish opportunities for attendance at national youth evangelization programs (such as NCYC, Steubenville Conferences, and Life Teen camps)
- Able to build relationships well with middle school and high school youth and their parents
- Proficient in using modern technologies of communication (including social media) to inform teens of youth ministry events, collaborating with the Director of Communications when needed
- Interact with local schools where parishioners attend (principally, Clearwater Central Catholic High School & St. Cecelia Interparochial Catholic School)
- Maintain a flexible ministry of presence on Sundays (especially during times of Mass)
- Organize and lead events for Youth Ministry (social events, fundraisers, service opportunities, etc.)
- Responsible for development and implementation of sacramental preparation (including Confirmation) for teenagers in grades 6-12 and the recording of these sacraments in parish records
- Demonstrate good organizational, planning and communication skills
- Collaborate as a member of the parish leadership team (which meets weekly)
- Develop the annual curricular calendar in tandem with the Director of Faith Formation
- Work together with the Director of Faith Formation in the planning and execution of parish family formation and social events
- Manage and implement diocesan Safe Environment guidelines for teens and volunteers
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills such as: ability to listen and understand, problem solving, decision making, personal stress management, etc.
- Must be able to work in team environment
- A Bachelor’s Degree or above, preferably in Theology, Religious Studies, or Religious Education.
- At least 2 years’ experience of involvement in youth ministry – especially in organizing retreats and teen activities. Equivalent professional experience will be considered.
- Passage of a Level II FBI background screening.
- Completion of Diocesan Safe Environment Training.
This full-time, exempt position reports directly to the Director of Faith Formation.
Please send a cover letter and your resume (including three references) to
the parish search committee via Mandy Westrich at email@example.com