Faith Formation Registration is OPEN!
Registration forms for 2018–2019 are available here
in the church office or
by attending one of the events listed below:
For information on grades K-5 and First Communion, please contact Mandy Westrich or call 531-7721, ext. 129. For information on middle school, high school, Confirmation and adult faith formation, please contact Sherri Briand or call 531-7721, ext. 122.
Weekly Faith Formation Class (Kindergarten to 5th Grade)
We are called to be true disciples of Jesus Christ who know, love, and serve God more and more each day. To help you in passing on the faith to your children, we offer weekly faith formation classes on Sundays from10:15am-11:30am. Each session starts with a 15-minute gathering for parents and all children and then children are dismissed to their grade level class. We highly encourage children to participate every year.
Our sessions meet on Sunday mornings 10:15 –11:00 am (Grades K–5) and Sunday evenings 4:00–5:50 pm (Grades 6–12).
First Communion and Confirmation will be four Saturday sessions 8:00 am–12:00 noon. Baptism class is the first Sunday of each month 10:15 am–11:15 am.
Join the Faith Formation Team
The best for to grow in faith is to teach others! It is also a powerful witness for our children to see their parents/grandparents/Godparents serving in their parish. There are many roles—something for everyone!
• Catechists/Assistant Catechists: This is the heart of our ministry. Discover the joy of sharing your faith in a simple way with children each week. We provide the curriculum and mentor all new catechists. Why not help in your child’s class? They’ll love it!
• Teen Aides: Help in the classroom each week. This is a great way for teens to learn to become catechists and earn service hours.
• Substitutes: What is your availability? We can always use your help on an as needed basis.
• Security Team: Help keep our kids safe by walking the campus together during our sessions.
• Office Team: We always need lots of help with simple projects. You can help during the daytime or in the evening during your child’s session.
• Hospitality Team: We serve dinner with a smile on Sunday evenings beginning at 4:00 p.m.
• Photography/Video: We capture moments of grace every week to share with the rest of the parish!
Safe Environment Policy
We want our children to experience healthy relationships in the image of God as they participate in our Children’s Ministry. All staff and volunteers who have access to children are expected to complete a Safe Environment training and complete a Level II background check.
Grades K-5 contact Mandy Westrich via email or phone 727.531.7721 x 129
Grades 6-12 contact Sherri Briand via email or phone 727.531.7721 x 122
Want updates on your time? Faith Formation uses Remind to communicate. Click below to download the instruction forms.
Classes have begun! Join us Sundays from 10:15-11:30.
October 27th 10 am – 6 pm 50th Anniversary Family Faith Fest at Al Lopez Park; See the DOSP website for more details.
October 20th 8:00-12:00 First Communion Super Saturday. Meet in the church, sign in sheets will be available in the back of the church until 8:10 am after which you must make contact with Mandy in order to sign your child into the sacramental prep session.
Click Here to download a copy of the 2018/2019 Faith Formation Class Schedule.