Due to the tropical storm Elsa, the following will take place at St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Church:
- The Parish Office is closed Tuesday and Wednesday, it will reopen on Thursday at 8:00 am
- Wednesday mass, confession, adoration, and evening prayer will take place as regularly scheduled
- Wednesday evening meetings have been granted permission to take place, if they so choose to still meet. Check with the ministry leader or ministry contact to confirm.
In the storms of life, we turn to God and pray that we will be spared from harm. We are also called to take the necessary precautions to protect the precious gift of life and to minimize damage to property. Here are a few helpful reminders:
- Evacuation Shelters: If you are elderly or have special needs, please contact your county’s Emergency Management Office to preregister prior to any storm if you will need to evacuate.
- Mass Participation: All parishioners are urged to use good judgment when deciding if conditions are safe to travel to Mass. In the event that roadways are not clear and weather conditions are unsafe to travel, the faithful are reminded that the obligation to participate in the Sunday Mass does not apply when there is grave difficulty in fulfilling this obligation (Code of Canon Law, Canon 1248 §2).
- Florida Department of Emergency Management: floridadisaster.org
- Pinellas County Emergency Management: pinellascounty.org/emergency
A Prayer to Avert Storms and Hurricanes
Prayer to Father, all the elements of nature obeys your command. Calm the storms and hurricanes that threaten us and turn our fear of your power into praise of your goodness. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives, and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, on God, forever and ever.