Life Teen is a high school youth ministry gathering that is aimed to be both fun and to challenge teens to go deeper in their relationship with God as well as to know more about their Catholic faith. Life Nights are systematic catechetical gatherings with four distinct segments: Gather, Proclaim, Break, and Send, derived from the flow of the Mass. We meet on Sunday nights during the regular school year.
Life Teen is guided by seven core values:
- Eucharistic spirituality -As the Eucharist is the “source and summit”of the Catholic faith, Life Teen focuses the program on the Mass and receiving Christ in the Eucharist.
- Love -Life Teen strives to show every teen that attends the Mass or a program offered that they are loved.
- Joy -Life Teen professes that “Jesus is a reason to be joyful and excited about life” and attempts to make sure that every experience a teen has with Life Teen is a positive one.
- Affirmation -As a community, all who take part in Life Teen are expected to support and encourage one another.
- Authenticity -Life Teen encourages teens to live an authentic life, one where they do not wear a “mask” or pretend to be someone they are not.
- Evangelization -As Jesus commissioned his disciples to “make disciples of all nations,” Life Teen believes “that every teenager deserves a chance to have a relationship with Jesus” and invites all to participate.
- Primary vocation -The adult leaders of Life Teen are also called to take care of their primary responsibilities ahead of their commitments to Life Teen or any other purpose.
Connect with Us!
Frequently Asked Questions
When do we meet?
We follow the Pinellas County School calendar and meet Sundays when school is in session. We start with dinner at 4:00 then program begins at 4:30 until 5:50 p.m.
*Click on calendar to see program schedule*
Is there a charge for dinner or to attend Life Teen?
We do not charge for dinner, however donations (monetary and food) are always appreciated to offset the cost. We have several teams who assist with the cooking and are usually only asked to prepare a
meal 3-4 times a year. If you like to cook and would like more information on how you can help us, please email Sherri.
A suggested donation of $30 is asked to attend Life Teen each year. This donation helps to pay for the program and costs associated with youth group.
I want to get involved but I’m not sure what I can do.
There are so many opportunities for parents, grandparents, caregivers, etc to be involved. Don’t worry, you don’t need a Theology degree to help! Core members are essential to our program as they run the meetings, play the games, do the talks and get kids involved overall.
Junior core members are those who help during Life Nights with small group talks which is mostly listening to what our teens have to say in an open, accepting, Catholic environment. They also help with games, keep us on schedule and assist wherever needed. Hospitality assist before we even meet by helping set up the meals, clean up and keep the flow of dinner going. Greeters check in our students, help answer questions at the door and direct people coming in for program. Teams to prepare food, put materials together and assist with social media presence are ways to help on your schedule